Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It took some time as I first didnt understand to play a game to pass the captcha 😉

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67915325

As the results are bad, "Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (18th percentile)" im looking forward what you can recommend me!

HP Recommended

@DellaMorte7,

Yes, I would recommend that you start with this YouTube optimization instructional video: 🔧 How to Optimize Windows 10 For GAMING & Performance in 2019 The Ultimate Updated GUIDE (youtube.c....

I know, it says "Optimizing Windows 10", but it applies to W11 just the same.  I am curious how many "Number of processors" (msconfig) your PC is set at, see timestamp 11:41.  With an i7-11700K it should be set at 8.

Btw, at timestamp 17:20, the "NetworkThrottlingIndex" should be set with eight f's: ffffffff, not seven f's.

Complete these optimizations first, and if you can, rerun the UserBenchMark test if it allows you.

There is a section in this video about a small program titled "Timer Resolution": ignore this/skip it.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I had allready watched that video till about half and did those things, but went over them again and noticed all the reg changes were not done, and the number of processors was at 1!!

I cannot run the benchmark again now as its full, but will do later.Screenshot 2024-05-20 133159.png

HP Recommended

@DellaMorte7,

Based on your UserBenchMark results, it didn't surprise me in the least that the number of processors was set at 1.  Just changing this value to 8 should make quite a difference.

So, your "BOOT Advanced Options" screen should look like this:

NonSequitur777_0-1716219402371.png

Also, make sure that your System Configuration's "Boot" screen looks like this:

NonSequitur777_0-1716218993413.png

Only the "No GUI boot" option should be checked.  If your "Timeout" is set at more than 5 seconds, set it at 5 seconds. If your setting is at 3 seconds, leave it as it is.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I havent been able to run another Benchmark (that software is only pushing their pro license) but can you explain what those number of boot cores actually means?

This is only for the boot-up right? So what does it impact the most?

HP Recommended

@DellaMorte7,

A very good question: as it happens, opinions are mixed as to its benefits.  And no, the "Number of processors" does not affect your boot-up.  Look, by default your PC is supposed to use all available processor cores IF you uncheck the box.  However, setting msconfig to the maximum available cores is thought to assist in improving (gaming) application that use multithreading.

Personally, I am convinced that setting the number of cores ("processors") to the highest setting, does make a difference, like what I experienced with my most recent upgrade project.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.