Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to set up a second monitor on my PC. I currently have one connected via HDMI (the port is connect to the GPU I believe). I also have another two HMDI ports on the PC (which are connected to the motherboard), however these second two port do not seem to work. I have changed the port that the current monitor is plugged into to see if they would work if nothing was plugged into the first one, this however did not work. I have tried accessing the BIOS to see if there was an option that needed activating, again however to no avail. The computer just does not detect anything that is plugged into these ports.

Does anyone know how I can activate these so I can set this up.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Que7 wrote:

... Does anyone know how I can activate these so I can set this up.

@Que7 

You simply can't. I don't know what is your machine (Must be Phoenix - something) but it should say

Integrated video not available if a graphics card or an Intel processor ending with “P” is installed.

The dedicated card normally has 2 or 3 video out ports, for example (for an HP ENVY Phoenix 810-160 machine)

and you can use 2 of those ports which support up to two displays at the same time with independent resolutions up to the maximum.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.