cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Grimaud
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Switch ram on HP OMEN 15 ax-050-nf

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community,

I would like to ask you a question, in my computer, i have 8gb of ram, but it's more less to play at many, game.

I search in Crucial to change my RAM, but when i'm select my computer, i can see "Standard memory: 8GB non-removable".

Why my memory is non-removable ? 

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,828 92,490 21,262 28,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Crucial report doesn't seem right to me.

Your notebook's product specs indicate that it came with 2 x 4 GB of memory from HP.

OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax050nf Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The service manual indicates you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook (chapter 1).

OMEN by HP Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP author...

There is a procedure to remove and replace the memory in chapter 5.

This would be the compatible 16 GB memory kit for your notebook from Crucial...

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT2K8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

You can see from this report that is for a notebook in the same 15-ax model series.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation