Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hopefully the new motherboard/part will fix it for you. This is my second time requesting for an exchange with the OMEN 45L. The first time, I was shipped a machine with a bent heat sink and minor scratches on the case. The CPU's temperature was notably higher (10 degrees higher than the second machine when running games). With the second machine everything looked good. I was happy at first, but after a few days my computer ran into the same exact issue as you. I didn't think much of it and turned off Bitlocker to bypass having to startup my computer twice+the request to login with the key every time, but like you said...Valorant no longer works...I hope the 3rd machine won't have any issues, otherwise I might be forced to look into other options.

HP Recommended

Received the 3rd machine yesterday. No issues so far aside from scratches on the casing + graphics card mount. I am generally pretty OCD about these things, but at this point I just want a working machine. I would be cautious about doing a BIOS update because the previous issue occurred after a HP technician did an update to my machine. Will keep you updated if anything goes wrong.

IMG-8922.jpgIMG-8926.jpg

HP Recommended

I think the bios update might have done some damage as I recall the problem got a lot worse after that as before the bootup would just fail to go into windows. Most annoying had to be the inability to see the keyboard or cordless mouse at times. 

I sent my computer in awhile ago when I posted this to HP for warranty work. I also bought an extended warranty w/ accident loss (extra shipping insurance) in case this keeps happening down the road or something happens. I still have not gotten my computer back though - estimated it would be done 6/24 - but part could be delayed again. 

I was going to substitute in another z690 motherboard but Omen team when I called a second time gave me a big stink that I would lose all warranty coverage and said BestBuy could not substitute it. He was wrong as per warranty the substitute motherboard simply wouldn't be covered but everything else would still be covered as its still HP original. One can buy the case and put non-HP boards in but problem for me is the custom RGB board that is in the case requires a 5 pin USB connection to the motherboard which no one uses on Z690 except as far as I can tell, this custom HP.  

HP offered a full refund but I like the innovative water cooling and OMEN lighting so I would only turn around and re-order it and give it another chance for HP to get it right.  Accordingly, since I cannot find a z690 motherboard with 5 pin USB connection I told HP they could keep the first computer and just send me the same custom spec machine rather than going through the hassle of refund and doing that myself. 

if this problem persists though, I would hard pressed not to just do a full refund and go elsewhere. 

HP Recommended

Yeah the innovative cooling definitely was a huge selling point for me. 6/24 seems extremely long...I noticed that several of you with the issue went with a repair rather than an exchange. Is there a specific reason why?

HP Recommended

If I recall correctly, the computer was out of stock and they didn’t know how long until stock was available so the only options I had were return for a full refund or repair.

It sounds like they did just get the part they were waiting on and they are now repairing so I’m hopeful I should have it back soon and will give everyone an update when I receive it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.