Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0037wm
Microsoft Windows 11

I was wondering if I could swap the stuff from my gaming laptop to my notebook to make it run faster my gaming laptop is practically broken it’s a hp pavilion gaming laptop 16

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Woppalicious 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Each Laptop is manufactured with specific design specs.

A MB swap would probably not work.

You could swap the CPU and memory if both Laptop MBs are on a compatible platform (CPU socket, chipset, and memory type).

You could swap storage drives if both MBs support the protocol. You can move any SATA SSD or SATA HDD to a different MB. You can move an M.2 NVME drive to a different MB if the MB supports M.2 NVME drives.

Regards

HP Recommended

Can I swap the gpu too or no?

HP Recommended

Hi @Woppalicious 

Specs for the 15-Dw0037wm at this Site show integrated Intel graphics.

So, even if the gaming laptop has a discrete graphics chip, it is doubtful the graphics chip can be moved to the 15-Dw0037wm.

The CPU in your 15-Dw0037wm is soldered to the MB CPU socket. This is also not generally replaceable by dropping in a different, compatible, CPU.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.