Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
17 cb0247ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

were can i find older Bios Versions for my OMEN 17 cb0247ng

i have F.40

I need to try some older in hope for better Fan control.

Somebody have a link? I didnt find anything.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to your notebook's support page, find the F.40 BIOS update, and look at all of the previous versions you can try below it...

OMEN by HP 17-cb0247ng Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1636728744793.png

HP Recommended

Thanks, i found it.

I made an USB Flashdrive with version F.25

I used the Win + B + Powerbutton method to recover BIOS

But my Omen doesnt take the data from the usb drive. It recovers it from another source and after all i have still F.40

What can i do?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with troubleshooting BIOS updates, so I suggest you start a new topic on that.

Can't you just run the exe file from within Windows, and downgrade the BIOS that way?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.