Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17-w104tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have been facing an issue that my laptop stops charging at 85 percent while saying plugged in but not charging

But sometimes it gets stuck at 87-88% while giving messege that 12 min left to fully charge but does not progress one bit
i have tried charging it while Laptop is shut down and it worked only once (Now it wont do even that)

Also have reinstalled Power adapter drivers and it didnt worked
Ran UEFI tests of power in Bios it says battery funtioning Properly

At 88 percent it lasts around 1.5 hours

Kindly help!

it would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ayyoun

First thing would be to update your BIOS.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-17-w100-laptop-pc/12499486/mod...

Version: F.45 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system battery does not recharge completely. - Provides the updated Intel CPU microcode to improve system stability and security.

Version: F.44 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security.

Version: F.42 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue where the battery information is reported incorrectly. - Provides improved battery health when the system is connected to an AC adapter.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code.

NOTE: HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

REO

HP Recommended

Thank You for ur Response @RE051ST

My bios is already at Latest version

i even reinstalled bios again today

but to no avail

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.