Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
OMEN 15 Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Apologies if I'm missing something and just being silly.I am worried because quite often,  my laptop reaches temps of 92°C+ when I am playing games.

Laptop is: HP Omen-dh1005na
The specs of the latptop:
i7-10750H
6GB NVIDIA RTX 2060
16GB DDR4 RAM

I usually have to bring games down to low/medium to keep temps low. I can make them higher and It can run at these settings without a drop in framerate atall. it's just the high temp that worries me. I was wondering if anybody had any fixes or experience with something similar?

(Pics weren't uploading)
Temps are as follows
Image 1
GPU Utilization
40% Temp  68 Degrees
CPU Utilization
45% @ Temp 98 Degrees
Memory Utilization
49% 7.84/16GB

Image 2
GPU Utilization
40% Temp  62 Degrees
CPU Utilization
45% @ Temp 96 Degrees
Memory Utilization
49% 8.00/16GB

Image 3
GPU Utilization
95% Temp  73 Degrees
CPU Utilization
46% @ Temp 89 Degrees
Memory Utilization
60% 9.60/16GB

Idle web browsing has laptop at 65°C
I have it on a ventilating appropriate laptop table aswell at all times

Let me know if I can provide spceficis or anything else! Any help or advice is appreciated 🙂
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SonicStar 

Over 90°C is normal on an Omen machine but healthy or not is a different story depending on you keep that for how long. From my view, if only a short period then OK otherwise its life would be shorter, given its TJUNCTION is  100°C.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201837/intel-core-i7-10750h-processor-12m-cache...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.