Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen by hp 17 an117nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm French so I might make mistakes, but I need help.

Indeed, I have an sofware named Omen audio control that has always been on my pc. But when I use it a strange error appears. In english it's " windows can't find C:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe . Make sure you entered the correct name, and try again". But when I search in my files I find " RtkNGUI64.exe" in the good place, but I can't lunch it and there isn't any error message. I did research and I have not found anything.

So can you help me please.

And take care of yourself

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

By the way, is this software really useful?

HP Recommended

@Kostleky If you want to use the equalizers that program could be useful, however, if the audio is working fine as you want it to, you can uninstall the app as well, however, if you wish to fix the error, here's what you need to know:

Sometimes, the issue might be with the Windows and Microsoft releases new updates every month with various little fixes. So, make sure you have installed all the Windows updates. Once your system has installed all the Windows Updates, reboot and check if the problem is fixed or not

Uninstall and Reinstall the Drivers

This problem is usually related to faulty or corrupted drivers. So, uninstalling and letting Windows reinstall the drivers will resolve the issue.

1. Hold Windows key and press R
  2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
  3. Locate and double click Sound, video and game controllers
  4. Right-click your Realtek high definition audio device
  5. Select Uninstall and confirm any additional prompts
  6. Once the driver is uninstalled, click Action from the top menu bar
  7. Select Scan for hardware changes

This should reinstall the drivers and fix the issue.

Note: If it doesn’t resolve the issue then repeat the steps given above and skip steps 6 and 7.

Once you uninstall the driver, reboot the system and check if that fixes your problem.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't really need the equalizer and my audio is working fine, so now I know that it isn't really important for me. But despite approaches that you recommended me, the problem is always here.  The issue can't be somewhere else ? 

HP Recommended

@Kostleky If the audio is working fine, this is merely a software issue, however, if you wish to troubleshoot further, you may want to create a new user account and check if that works fine: click here for details on how to create a new user account.

And let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.