Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dh0060nb Azerty
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my laptop.

I have: 

OMEN 15-dh0060nb Azerty

Price: 1800€

CPU: I7-9750h

Nvidia RTX 2060

16GB RAM

I've asked this question before but no solution was provided.

To keep it simple;

My laptop is extremely slow whenever i unplug the charger. I'm aware that it's normal for a laptop to be slower on battery but the change is to drastic and is unacceptable. On charger the laptop is a powerhouse, editing my 4k video, doing 3D modeling and animating work and gaming als works fine. But when i unplug the charger the laptop becomes so slow that it struggles to run even the simplest games such as runescape. Even my 200€ phone can run runescape better...

Needless to say, on battery doing work is completely out of the question, which is a problem since i bought a laptop specifically because i'm on the move alot and have to do work while using transportation. 

What have i tried:

- changing the powermanagement settings

- uninstalling an reinstalling GPU drivers

- uninstalling an reinstalling bios drivers

- uninstalling an reinstalling battery drivers

- removing all bloatware

- resetting and installing clean version of windows 10

- updating all drivers and applications

- adjusting performance of windows

- checking all disks for problems

- scanning for virus and malware

- sending my laptop back to the store for repair and they sent it to hp. (they say they changed the defective parts)

None of these made a difference, not even a little bit.

I installed the MSI afterburner to see what happends with the hardware (I don't overclock) while running some benchmarks.

I also kept an eye on the temperature, the CPU gets to about 95C and the GPU to about 65, so no issues there.

What i did notice however:

When gaming or running the benchmark test on batterypower, the GPU clockspeed doesn't exceed 300MHz.

However when i'm just browsing it does go up to 700-800.

Not sure if this is relevant.

A friend of mine has a laptop (different brand) but with the same specs.

Same GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD,... and he can play games and do usefull things on his laptop without the charger plugged in.

I'm completely lost to what the problem is.

Someone please come with a miracle, this laptop cost me half of all my savings and I desperatly need it for my job, and i need it to work properly like a 1800€ laptop should....

I don't mind the battery draining quickly, as long as it works properly for an hour without the charger i'm satisfied.

If there is a software 'limiter' somewhere, please tell me how i can turn that stupid thing off.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EbenL Greetings from the HP Community!

You've pretty much covered all the troubleshooting steps, the best way forward though, is to run a hardware test to identify if we have any hardware malfunction that we are dealing with, 

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.