Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-DHxxxxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have this 2019 Omen 15-DHxxxxxx

9th gen Intel i7

512 GB ssd

16 GB RAM

RTX 2060

HDMI

Mini Display Port

Thunderbolt 3

My question is, how to use Thunderbolt 3 to G-SYNC monitor ?

I have :

- Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable

- LG OLED CX TV (G-SYNC support)

I Already did :

- Connect to my TV using HDMI port, G-SYNC : ON. Good picture & performance. HDR also ON

- Connect to my TV using Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI, G-SYNC : OFF. Bad picture, washed out color, HDR Ruined

Why I'm asking this ? My TV has HDMI 2.1 and I'm sure my laptop doesn't have HDMI 2.1

So I'm wondering, maybe my Thunderbolt 3 can act as HDMI 2.1 because it also have 40 Gbps bandwidth,

so I can get 4k 120 fps which is my HDMI cannot

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

I have a 2018 Omen 15t and also tried to use the TB3 port...it didn't fully work.

With what I've learned, I am not surprised at all that it doesn't work well for your case either 😞

After 2 months of working with HP Support I was informed that the TB3 port on the Omen is non-standard and  HP proprietary.  It only meets some secret HP specs, not the real TB3 specs.

I was told by HP Support that it was MY FAULT, that I should have known the HP Omen didn't have a real TB3 port.  I was told I should have purchased an Elitebook if I wanted a real TB3 port. 

HP Recommended

gsync doesnt work over hdmi, only displayport

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.