Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000 (771S7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchased a new HP Victus 15, Intel i5 13420h, and the battery hardly lasts 2 hours with light internet browsing while power saving on and max processor utilization set to 30%. I have updated all drivers and bios to the latest available but the issue persists.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HassanaKhan,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing battery life issues with your new HP Victus 15 laptop despite taking measures to conserve power. Here are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your battery life.

• Check Background Processes: Sometimes, certain background processes or applications can drain battery life without you realizing it. Use the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) to check for any resource-intensive processes running in the background. You can end unnecessary processes to conserve battery.
  • Adjust Power Settings: In addition to setting the max processor utilization to 30%, you can further customize your power plan settings. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, and choose a power plan that's optimized for battery life. You can also customize advanced power settings to tweak various power-saving options.
  • Reduce Screen Brightness: Lowering the screen brightness can significantly extend battery life. Use the keyboard shortcuts or adjust brightness settings manually to find an optimal balance between visibility and battery conservation.
  • Disable Unused Hardware: If you're not using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other hardware features, consider disabling them temporarily to conserve power. You can do this through the device manager or using function keys if available on your laptop.
  • Update BIOS and Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest BIOS and drivers installed for your laptop. Sometimes, HP release updates specifically to address battery life issues or optimize power management.
  • Battery Calibration: Occasionally, calibrating your battery can help improve its performance. Fully charge your laptop, then allow it to discharge completely until it shuts down. Afterward, recharge it to full capacity without interruption.
  • Check for Rogue Apps: Certain applications may be poorly optimized or malfunctioning, causing excessive battery drain. Monitor your system for any apps that are consuming an unusual amount of power and consider uninstalling or updating them.
  • Battery Health Check: Some laptops come with built-in diagnostic tools for checking battery health. Check if your laptop has such a feature and use it to assess the overall health and condition of your battery.

If you've tried all these steps and are still experiencing poor battery life, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with the battery itself.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.