Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17t-w200

Hello, I'm having a rather annoyingly persistent issue. I've had my Hp Omen 17t-w200 laptop for several years now. After the second time my laptop battery turned into a balloon, I found that HP stopped selling replacements entirely and bought a replacement off amazon. The replacement worked fine for few months, before my laptop suddenly powered off with the charger unplugged (at nearly full charge).  From that point on, the laptop would instantly lose power the instant the cable was removed, and would show 0 signs of life until it was replaced. Assuming a defective battery, I filed a return and went with a different supplier for the replacement.  The same thing happened with the replacement (worked for a while, suddenly just died within about a month).  I got a third replacement, and this one lasted about a week before the same thing happened again. The battery tooltip shows "Fully charged (100%)". HP support assistant shows:

Charged (100%)

Primary BatteryNo Battery

A battery was not detected. If a battery is installed, please re-insert the battery and AC adapter to retest the battery.
Primary BatteryNo Battery

A battery was not detected. If a battery is installed, please re-insert the battery and AC adapter to retest the battery.

Which it also showed when I first installed the battery (which was a bit concerning, but it worked for the time, so I just went with it).  Twice is a coincidence, three times makes me suspect a different component in my laptop is bad and has been frying my batteries. It also seems to be doing so more rapidly...

I mostly use my laptop plugged in, unplugging it for short times to move it.  I keep it unplugged mostly when off.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.