Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was trying to upload my code onto the Arduino but my laptop crashed and i had to turn it back on.

However, upon pressing the Power button, the power button LED began flashing and has been doing so for 30 minutes at 5 second interval.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Its the Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0031dx

HP Recommended

Hi @znadeem,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP Victus gaming laptop is experiencing some sort of issue, possibly related to hardware or software. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Force Shutdown: If your laptop is still responsive, try holding down the power button for about 10-15 seconds to force a shutdown. Then wait for a few moments before turning it back on.
  • Disconnect Power: If your laptop is plugged in, try unplugging it and then holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds to discharge any residual power. Then plug it back in and try turning it on again.
  • Check for Overheating: Overheating can cause laptops to crash or fail to start properly. Make sure your laptop isn't overheating by feeling around the vents for excessive heat. If it is, let it cool down for a while before attempting to turn it on again.
  • Hardware Check: Sometimes hardware issues can cause laptops to fail to boot up. Check for any signs of physical damage, loose connections, or unusual sounds coming from the laptop when you try to turn it on.
  • Boot into Safe Mode: If your laptop manages to turn on but still doesn't boot up properly, try booting into Safe Mode. This will load only essential system files and drivers, which can help diagnose and fix software-related issues.
  • Reset BIOS/UEFI: If you're comfortable doing so, you can try resetting the BIOS or UEFI settings to default. This can sometimes resolve issues related to incorrect settings or configurations.

Remember to back up any important data if possible before attempting any troubleshooting steps that might affect your system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.