Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I wanted to buy hp omen 15 but i see lot of bad responses abaut overheating. Components are Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB. I don't know how it is now. So i dont know if its fixt and if its a good choice to buy it.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I have the same laptop and it kinda overheats but atleast it is not 100 degrees celcius.I see max 93 but you can reduce those 

temps with undervolting and a cooling pad,even if you don't want to pay for a cooling pad you can just help the air come in with putting books under the laptop at desk,thats all I do and with just a bit of undervolt I am seeing max 70 underload. 

It is kinda sad but we have nothing to do.

HP Recommended

Could you help me with the undervolting process as i have no clue and have heard about it a lot.

My laptop heats upto 97degree in some session and that really worries me.

Could you tell me step by step how to undervolt cause i checked some videos on youtube but they are of diffrent laptops and i quite do not seem to understand.

It would be greatly helpful. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Sorry for my delay, I hope you are doing okay. 

So I am using a app called intel extreme tuning utility

which is developed by intel so I think it is the best undervolting app. 

First you have to download the app from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-. Then you are going to agree those terms. 

After you download it, you can undervolt it by Core Voltage Offset,Not core  voltage. Do not mess with that.

I reccomend you to find your own but I usually use  -0,150v or -0,165v. You can try giher than this but your pc would probably reboot so be carefull please. And please don't just rush to 150 please try stresstest every  -0.030 so you can be sure it works normal. I heard people are doing -0,200v but It doesnt let me do it , you can try it if you want but I yhınk you better stay low.

Have a great day,I wil be waiting for your answer.

HP Recommended

1-Download

2-go to negative numbers (-0.xxx) 

3- first try -0.030 

4 stress test

5 then do the step 3 and 4 till you coma about -0.160

the undervolt level can change laptop to laptop. but I think you will be okay.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Apologies for the late reply. Okay i understand to get the core offset voltage down step by step but what about the values of the Turbo Max Boost and the Short Turbo Max Boost as they have values of 45W and 78W respectively so should i lower them or keep them the same. 

And what are the default values for the Turbo Max Boost for an HP Omen 15 dc00nr model. 

Appreciate your time and help 🙂

HP Recommended

My Laptop specs are as follow :

GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

System 7_18_2019 1_29_12 AM.png

HP Recommended

I think you should keep it same because once I tried to lower them  and It didn't end so well, you can try tho. 

Mine is 45-78.

HP Recommended

Okay and do i do this with the charger plugged in or plugged out? 

And i have this constant thing as Current Limit Throttling, do u know what it means and how do i get rid of this?

HP Recommended

So I don't really know about that but I think it is the limit when it is unplugged, like when it is unplugged you PC runs like 2,50 or 3ghz so i think that is limit throttling, is it same when you are using it plugged in? For me, it is yes when unplugged and no when plugged.

You can use undervolting to make your batterylife better when it is unpluged, and use it to reduce high temp when it is plugged in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.