Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

what BIOS version do you run currently? F22

I cant find the F22 revA, do you have a link to download?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have noticed another problem after the recent update to 1909.

My screen is a bit too yellowish, 

do you have the same problem?

HP Recommended

I reported this problem to the local HP support office and they opened a case, so they told me.

But I was a little surprised that they seem to know nothing about it.

Has anyone here made an official complain?

Did you make a request that HP to write a new BIOS that will fix this problem?? 

HP Recommended

twice i ve opened case. Let s see what they are going to tell you. It was supposed to be fixed with f22a

HP Recommended

I asked them to notify the appropriate HP department and tell them that our customers demand a proper solution asap.

They told me that F22 RevA came out Dec 10 2019 and that there will be a patch in one of the next BIOS updates.

They accepted the fact that the current BIOS does not solve the problem.

Just keep pushing them.

Is there a way to contact HP abroad and report the problem directly?

HP Recommended

HP has provided a solution for this problem.

Call your local HP support and they will give you directions.

HP Recommended

Has anyone called HP support and asked them ?  Is it a fix or a temporary solution ?  Again the problem with updating from F08 to F22 causes the screen on post to be very DIM. Even if you go into BIOS, the screen is very DIM. 

HP Recommended

I firstly contact the HP support with the issue.

After a week i found the partial solution with the BIOS changes and we said with the HP support that they need to fix the dimmed display in UEFI mode.

They still have to Fix the UEFI mode cause the screen is still very dark even after the last Bios Update. Cause i repeat its UEFI fault. So we still W8. But still i have a new gaming laptop. The proper function of a new Laptop  is a priority for a company like HP i suppose. Thanks HP for supporting us...

HP Recommended

My laptop is totally fixed.

Now BIOS is fully lit no problem at all.

With Legacy On or OFF is fully lit.

the Brightness works perfect everywhere and of course in the Windows.

There was a problem between the Graphics card and the BIOS, I do not know exactly.

Just call HP support and ask them to find the fix. The fix is not publicly available only the HP support team has access to it.  

The fix exists but probably not all support persons are unaware of it.

The person who treated my case in the beginning told me that HP could provide a fix in the future but the day after called me with the fix. He did some proper research, obviously and found the fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.