Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1073dx

My laptop is losing charge while it's turned off. If its turned on and on battery, it lasts normally and doesn't show any sign of wear. I've run diagnostics and used HP Assistant to check the battery, and it comes back normal. But once its turned off, it loses 2/3% every hour its off. I've turned off USB charging, updated the OS, turned off fast start, and made a plethora of other fixes, all to no avail. I also tried something else. That is disconnecting the battery while it is turned off (internal battery with connector) and then plugging it back in when I need it. And it doesn't lose its charge. Doesn't to this mean the battery is okay and that the issue is from something else, maybe software or another component?
I've also run the powercfg/energy test and it shows one error, which is "Platform power management capabilities: pci express active state power management disabled". Could this be the problem and how do i fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well do the following to fix the issue which you are facing :

1. Modify device properties. 
  2. Change power settings for Intel Management Engine Interface.
  3. Prevent your laptop from charging USB devices. 
  4. Update the battery driver. 
  5. Disable Fast Startup and Hibernat
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. A few notes though 

1. I've reset properties to default states

2. i use an AMD ryzen system and as such don't have intel management engine interface 

3. Battery driver is up to date

4. Disabled hibernation and fast start previously and it didn't work.

Although today i tested out hibernation for 6hrs and i didn't lose any battery. I'll keep testing it out

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.