Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've got HP pavilion fv6720ef

CPU: Intel Pentium T2370 @ 1.73GHZ

Memory: DDR2 1X1 2GB (1+1)

Graphics: my card

how i can Upgrade them?

thanks

Message Edited by Ratius on 10-24-2009 05:19 AM
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having a difficult time getting to any resources(manuals) for your laptop. I can tell you that your graphics can't be updated.

Memory: 4 GB. 2x 2048MB modules  

I will keep on trying to find the other information for you.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-25-2009 03:13 PM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Message Edited by Ratius on 10-26-2009 09:15 AM
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide usefull information regarding my CPU upgrade.which are the available options

my laptop details.

Product Presario V5000

P/n: EX097PA#ACJ

V5202TU

celeron 410, ddr 2 -667  one GB.

Vista starter

GMA 950

HP Recommended

Hi,

@rucaro wrote:

Hi,

Can you provide usefull information regarding my CPU upgrade.which are the available options

my laptop details.

Product Presario V5000

P/n: EX097PA#ACJ

V5202TU

celeron 410, ddr 2 -667  one GB.

Vista starter

GMA 950

Please download and run CPU-Z so I will have chipset and motherboard identifying  information for your laptop's motherboard. 

Thanks,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

these are the results from CPU-Z

Motherboard

Model      -   30A8                     56.48

chipset     -   intel     i943/940GML     rev.   03

Southbridge - intel       82801GMH(ICH7-M/U) 

Bios

brand  HP

Version F.24

HP Recommended

@bk109 wrote:

@thanks for the quick reply! About the maximum supported RAM - according to some HP resources it's 8gigs and according to others 4. In any case, @ crucial i've seen the 2x4gigs combo for the Compaq 516 (615 was missing,but the 516 has as far as I could tell the same basic hardware). As for the MXM - I know that I've got the HD3200(btw, for an Integrated card it has some horsepower 😄 ), but there's supposed to be a version of the 615 with a discrete HD43xx series card, so I'm( or was at any rate) hoping that my 'book is MXM capable. Can you check if the 615 with the 43xx has it on a MXM or if it's hardwired to the mobo?
Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm using a Windows 7 x64, so I don't foresee any problem with maximum RAM mapping

PPS. I think HP made the MXM jump, because I've seen a myriad of MXMs for HP on E-bay

// Straight from the English product page - Maximum : Upgradeable to 8 GB with 4 GB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2.

As I mentioned a couple of times,It seems that the problem is with INCORRECT Translation and that's why I wrote to disregard the RAM issue whatsoever.
Also,you might've noticed that i acknowledged the fact that the 3200 is an Integrated card. I only wanted to know, if the the 615 with a the HD4330 is built on the same basic chassis which would lend additional weight to the notion of an MDM HD4330.The relevant section from the 615 Overview
"Graphics Models with integrated graphics : ATI Radeon HD 3200.

Models with discrete graphics : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 graphics with HyperMemory support.

Microsoft DirectX 10.1 (discrete),10 (integrated) capable."

Message Edited by bk109 on 10-21-2009 07:28 AM

I would like to know the same thing like bk109 and I've got another question.

Is there an internal wlan card for the Compaq 615 which supports the 802.11n-standard? I want to use the faster bandwidh of the "n"-standard, but the wlan card which comes with the compaq 615 only supports b/g.

And I dont want to use a external USB-Stick 😉

Message Edited by xri12 on 10-30-2009 10:44 AM
HP Recommended

Hi.

@redshoot99 wrote:

Hi

I have been looking for a suitable HDD upgrade for my HP 530.

I guess my questions are

Any other advice . . . .

many thanks

Please provide the complete product name and part number.

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended

hi,

I have checked the device manager and searched for my hard drive.

I have a Hitachi HTS541010G9SA00 hard drive. Some Details on the Drive.

This 100 GB 5400 RPM internal hard drive, the Hitachi HTS541010G9SA00, offers SATA I/O. The HTS541010G9SA00 is a drive with 8 MB of cache.

100GB 5400RPM 8MB BUFFER SATA 7-PIN 2.5INCH HARD DISK

Also, please note, my controller is INTEL 82801GBM SATA ACHI Controller and I also have an INTEL 8280 1G ULTRA ATA Controller installed.

Also, the manual you sent me shows only AMD Turion processors but I have a CENTRINO DUO (T2400) @1.83Ghz.

Please advise on a compatible Hard Drive and other questions I asked earlier

thanks and regards

Pranav

HP Recommended

Hi,

@rucaro wrote:

Hi,

these are the results from CPU-Z

Motherboard

Model      -   30A8                     56.48

chipset     -   intel     i943/940GML     rev.   03

Southbridge - intel       82801GMH(ICH7-M/U) 

Bios

brand  HP

Version F.24

I recommend that you purchase the upgrade processor online as cheap as you can. 
The T5200, T5300 and T1350 should work with your laptop for upgrades. They are reported to work with other makers laptop with the same chipset that yours has.   These processors have the same FSB as your Celeron M. Anything with a higher designation number is reported to not work.  
regards,
erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-31-2009 10:46 AM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.