Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1164nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop has BIOS corruption after update. Now have Black screen with no beep codes or CAPS  Lock codes. Last 3 bios files has no option for usb Bios recovery creation (F23, F22, F21 - They dont even start on other PC) The last BIOS that supports USB Bios Recovery Creation is F19. Tried Win + B, Win +V but still black screen with no beep codes. The USB starts loading for 2-3 seconds but stacking and nothing happens. FN + F4 lights the keyboard ...

Reflashed BIOS Chip with F19 on a programmer, but stacking on 100% Clearing Pending Image... After that again is Black Screen...

Maybe new BIOS F24 will support option for creating USB BIOS RECOVERY and it can help to resolve the situation. 

When will be new BIOS released?

Anyone with some suggestion or procedure how to fix this HP Gaming Laptop. 

Still no replay from nobody. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@zOKIS7,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We reviewed your post and I understand that the  Notebook is not Powering ON,

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps

Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.

F6 + Power Button

• CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec

If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:

• Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
  • Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
  • Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger and check if that helps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Dear sirs,

Thanks for the replay, but none of these solve a problem.

The  light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop is White and it indicates that battery is charged.

Combination Power + F6 powers the laptop but nothing happens - left more than 45 minutes.

Combination CTRL + V + Power - laptop restarts 2 times and stays powered on.  Left more then 45 minutes - after a while bot fans are in cooling mode and nothing happens ...

If laptop is powered without memory module - caps lock led flashes 3,2 - 3long and 2 fast blinks (I try procedure with different memory module).

There is nothing on external monitor connected on HDMI port only black screen.

The laptop is still with black screen and no beep codes or flash lights

I cannot create USB BIOS RECOVERY from last 3 BIOS files F23; F22; F21; Only F19 creates USB BIOS RECOVERY but nothing happens whit that version, there is several blinks on the USB Drive (reading content) and stacking for the long time ... still black screen.

Please provide next steps how I can solve the problem of this Gaming Laptop. 

HP Recommended

Hi@zOKIS7,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team

HP Recommended

I already contact several HP suppliers in my region but none of them supports OMEN,

the laptop is few months out of warranty and nobody wants to risk to support this laptop.

Remote access is not possible because it is not running OS - there is led light that indicates HDD access for 1 second and it not loading OS. 

How can I access HP Chat Support Team? I already try the procedures that are possible to overcome this problem but there is something else that is preventing procedures to finish the right way (Something is stopping procedures in the middle). I cannot imagine that last 3 BIOS Files are not working the right way so I can make USB Bios Recovery - How is that possible? 

Seriously I will think twice to by HP again,

It is not cheep laptop to be out of support, it is something that updates - installed from HP Support Assistant including BIOS updates that is preventing motherboard to function normally. 

I think that is the motherboard problem caused by improper BIOS Update - try to start latest F.23A and see what I'm talking about.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp127501-128000/sp127588.exe  

The Motherboard is  L51790-001, On other laptop I have tested the RAM module and NVME SSD - they are function normally without errors.

HP Recommended

Hi@zOKIS7

You have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

I already contact several HP suppliers in my region but none of them supports OMEN,

the laptop is few months out of warranty and nobody wants to risk to support this laptop.

No news, still black screen with no diagnostic error lights... 

HP Recommended

HI@zOKIS7,

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

HP Recommended

Finaly I somehow fix the BLACK Screen issue, now I have picture on the monitor, I have reflashed BIOS to ver F12 than F19 than F21 (from the NVME M.2 SSD) and have access to Bios, Boot menu, and basic diagnostics...

When I run memory diagnostics after 1 second displays "Memory Quick Check  : FAILED"

sometimes memory test lasts 30-50seconds and then is the same error message "Memory Quick Check  : FAILED".

I have tested memory and NVME M.2 SSD on other laptop for several days - they are functioning normally without errors. Also tried with different memory modules, but the result is the same "Memory Quick Check  : FAILED" or blue screen with memory problem.

I have tried to boot laptop from USB without NVME M.2 SSD and always falls with blue screen error indicates memory issue...

Please provide next steps how to solve problem with memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.