Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-an011na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As this laptop has an underpowered graphics card (gtx 1050) is it possible to use the Omen Accelerator to use an external graphics card solution with this laptop, it doesnt mention it on the Omen Accelrator details page.??

Thanks

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JazzyGff,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can use Omen accelerator with your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that you can connect the Omen accelerator to your computer.

Please refer to the below article on how to set it up.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05573720

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JazzyGff,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can use Omen accelerator with your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that you can connect the Omen accelerator to your computer.

Please refer to the below article on how to set it up.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05573720

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have investigated this further and since my laptop only has usb c and not thunderbolt it will not work, the transfer rate of usb 3.1 is not great enough unfortunately.

HP Recommended

@JazzyGff,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.