Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen Laptop running Windows 10. This laptop has three USB ports. Two, which are on the sides of the laptop, will both operate my headphones. One, which is on the rear of the laptop will not. The two side ports have a "white" bar in their orifice's. The rear USB port has a "red" bar in its orifice. Is the color of the bar in the orifices of the USB ports significant?

How do I encourage the rear orifice to talk to me through my headphones?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bill Charette Sr.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@angrybill1 

What is your Omen Laptop ? Omen machines on a same series may have different ports layout. We need to know what is the model/product of your machine to be able to answer your question.

Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

For security reason, please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n) on Internet.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.