Did you mean: 
Patrick85
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 11 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ModyTheOne

I have exactly the same issue with this laptop.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ACPI-sys-process-problem/m-p/67...

But I have this even when I perform clean install Windows 10 without updates.

In few hours i try solution with those services.

Did you find which one service causing this?

ModyTheOne
Author
Level 3
35 26 1 2
Message 12 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no i don't think these optional services are the problem i recently updated bios and it made my touchpad stop working so i might do a clean install too 

0 Kudos
Patrick85
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 13 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that. :HalfEyes:

Next what I try to do is to disable devices in device manager.

Maybe one of devices/driver causing acpi.sys and interruptions.

In forums I read that in some cases intel/realtek network adapters, sound/sata controllers, or power save settings causing this.

This issue is very irritating, because this is laptop for games, and system eats ~30% CPU :HalfEyes:

ModyTheOne
Author
Level 3
35 26 1 2
Message 14 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you problem still occurs after restarting ? i restart and the system is noraml 

0 Kudos
Patrick85
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 15 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here. When restart or put to sleep mode and wake, system is normal.

But when power off and on in few minutes or later acpi.sys/interruptions return.

I tried this solution, and it helps for 2 days until I install some software, and problem returns:

"I had similar issue with xxx E6540, 4 cores, one core permanently at 100%, process: System, thread: acpi.sys. Thanks to @ThePosey I tried to turn off Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM. Process usage immediately dropped to 1%. When turned on -> one thread started to work at 100% again. Then I noticed that when I switched Power Options -> Power Plans, CPU usage characteristic changed (one core 100% -> 80%, other core 0% -> 50%, depended on the selected profile). Then I researched the problem further and found out a solution: Network Connections -> Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM -> right click Properties -> Configure -> Power Management -> section Wake on LAN -> disable Wake on Magic Packet AND Wake on Pattern Match. Process usage immediately dropped to 1%, problem solved."

Try it.

ModyTheOne
Author
Level 3
35 26 1 2
Message 16 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey man 

did you try Restoring the laptop to the factory settings?

esc at boot then f11 

so far no system proccess and the laptop feels cleaner downside i have to download windows updates again 

but all personal data on my non windows drive is intact 

0 Kudos
Patrick85
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 17 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I dont't try that yet. I tried to turn off devices in device manager but with no success.

Are you download Windows updates?

0 Kudos
Odunayo1
2 2 0 0
Message 18 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Working with you has been so great and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you. I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time
0 Kudos
lewy01
Level 2
15 13 0 6
Message 19 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you guys solved this problem finally ? I'm fighting with this (acpi.sys + 0x42f50 process) for a while now and pretty much there's no solution yet. For my omen there's only one way to deal with it for some time - few restarts, but this solution it's not an option. Thanks! 

matck06
Level 2
13 13 0 3
Message 20 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, I have the same problem for a long time no way to solve it, I sent the pc to the service after sale, it formatted the pc but without success, I'm lost what to do ???

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation