Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen w025na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of hp support. 

I come here today looking for support, for my hp.

Background

So basically I have spoken to hp support recently. It has come down to me needing to replace the battery within the omen to try and troubleshoot my problem. To this extent I need to send my laptop to their service centre. Now like most people in the world I need my laptop for studying (especially during 3rd year of uni) , use for pleasure and other day to day stuff. So sending my laptop off to wherever the repair centre is, is well problematic. I saw a preivous thread about this, where the user spoke to hp support about this. Now here Im asking for technical advice from the community to try and troubleshoot my problem without having to go to this extent.

The fault

The problem began when playing the new battlefield, mid match game minimised and stopped responding. No big deal I thought, shutdown my pc whent to sleep. Next day I notice extremely low fps like 9 ingame. I tried another game (Rocket League) like 25 fps. Opened up my performance summary ingame;

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015564973

My Frame: was about 40ms

Gpu was around 35ms

Fps was 32 

Game and renderer where fine.

Tried restarting my pc everything seemed fine so I didnt bother troubleshooting it.

The next day same problem as before. So i contacted hp, they did a few troubleshooting steps, ensuring drivers where upto date etc. Then asked me to reinstall windows to remove software issues. Didnt fix it. 

A few days later when the pc was functioning normally that day I accidently knocked out my charger and the issue reoccured.

I contacted hp stating this and they think replacing the battery will fix the issue. I was thinking maybe this was a PCI problem, but i dont really know how to diagnose this PCI .

Outcomes

Just to make this thread a little less confusing, i would like either to try and diagnose this issue fully with some community help, or try and speak to an agent to get hp to send the battery to me, or atleast find-out how long hp would take to replace my battery.

Regards Aluka

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Have you run a diagnostic on the battery either through HP Support Assistant or in the pre-boot UEFI environment? For the latter turn the laptop completely off, then when restarting immediately tap the esc key and then F2 to get the list of tests and select power and battery. Run the long test. You need to have the AC adapter plugged in. Please post back the advanced test results. I am unclear how your stated symptoms point to a bad battery. I am not sure what the Support Agent did or what the results are. Not saying it is not the battery but seems an odd diagnosis. I am afraid to say if it is not the battery it could be something worse so we kind of hope it is. 

HP Recommended

So I have run the uefi with hp support before. It came up saying it is working fine. Also ran hp support assistant battery check, about 4 hours ago, result being ok.

I just can uefi battery test twice and well i got this.

HP Recommended

picture has not cleared yet. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

HP Recommended

The picture you posted has to get by the moderators and that takes about 12-24 hours before anyone else can see it. 

HP Recommended

Thats actually a broken link icon...  Theres nothing there to get moderated.

@Alukathegreat  you need to repost the image.

Use a Jpeg image and post it using the photos icon.JPG button in the tool bar above your text area.  Then it will take a little while for the servers security to allow it to show.

Then Huffer can see what you are posting.

HP Recommended

IMAG0209.jpg

HP Recommended

Ah I forgot to mention why I think its a PCI fault. 

So if I try playing any game (when it is not performing as expected) and say, a bunch of explosions happen at the same time, the audio begins to sutter aswell. 

I maybe rambling on at this point.

HP Recommended

The battery has a lot of use registered and is throwing off an error code so clearly needs replaced. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.