Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So, in your opinion, you believe the battery could have caused this?

Following on from this anyone know how long this will take for hp to replace? (united kingdom)

Also if there are place i could just buy this battery outright?

HP Recommended

The battery is bad and needs replaced. What effect that may have had on other functions of the laptop is hard to say although if the battery is bad you can get all kinds of odd results when it is charging or running on battery. Replace the battery and see if the problem disappears. Warranty turnaround varies a lot so I am not going to guess how long HP would have it if you sent it in. Yes I am sure the battery would be available to buy and DIY replace. Let us know if you want to do that. 

HP Recommended

If you could point me in the right direction for a diy battery replacement, i would be thankful

HP Recommended

@Huffer No luck in finding batterys?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.