Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-02-2018 09:56 PM - last edited on 01-05-2018 10:06 AM by kevin-t
well... my pc is this : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04785655
when i owned this pc i could run some games like CSGO with more fps than now (100+ easy) ... playable ... now i CANT really play.
csgo is a shooter very known where the reflexes are so important but with 20~30 fps i cant help to win it makes me feel so stressfull ... i need help, my drivers are updated, i dont know what happened, i lost performance on every game, on april this reach 1 year of owned what should i do? i want help ... my e-mail is: [Personal Information Removed] if i dont respond over here
01-04-2018 03:08 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-ab000 series notebook. I read that the laptop is facing issues while playing games, there is a drop in the fps. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case.
To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:
- Please let me know the exact laptop model no. because there are quite a few models that fall under the HP Pavilion 15-ab000 series. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Did the laptop originally come with Win10 or did you upgrade from a lower version of Windows to Win10?
- Apart from playing games, do you see a drop in the laptop's performance?
While you respond to that , I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Let us make some adk=justments in Windows for better performance:
Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.
If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter. Please Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).
To fix other performance issues in Windows 10 and to fix overall performance issues in Windows 10, this HP document should help.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂
01-05-2018 05:05 AM
I have a question: do the notebooks lose performance with the time? Wherever this pc will reach just 1 year
01-06-2018 07:23 PM
I reviewed the post. It is great to have you back. You have displayed brilliant technical skills, immense patience and terrific temperament to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 As @MKazi is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.
To answer your question the performance of the notebook could come down over time because of OS related issues and aging hardware also. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind and giving you a candid reply here.
If the computer freezes please perform all the relevant steps from these links:
Please run a scan for malware and viruses with updated security software first. Then proceed with these steps:
- Link 1: http://hp.care/2AB1rv0
- (HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes Guided Troubleshooter)
- Link 2: http://hp.care/2AAO0LR
- (HP PCs - Computer is Slow)
- Link 3: http://hp.care/2u20TLz (HP PCs - Using Task Manager (Windows 10, 😎)
- Finally as a last resort, if the computer's hardware is fully functional, backup all your files and perform a system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://hp.care/2AB1uaa (HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery)
- This sis a sure shot fix.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee