Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T50AV)

I was playing a game last night then my computers screen started to look scratched and the screen turned black. There is power when i hit the power button but the screen is same. sometimes its get white and when i click some buttons its get green and sometimes blue. i think theres a issue and really need a help. i bought it 1 week ago and i think this is not normal cuz its new.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @erayxcx,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the black screen. 

Have you made any changes to your hardware or software recently?

Perform a hard reset

If your computer suddenly fails to boot properly, perform a hard reset (power reset).

For detailed instructions on resetting your computer, see HP PCs - How to Power Reset Your Computer.

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect the AC adapter.
  • Remove any discs from the disc drive.
  • Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.
  • Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.
  • With the AC adapter unplugged, press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
  •  

Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.

NOTE: If an error message is displayed, see Troubleshooting Error Messages on a Black Screen During Startup or Boot.

Otherwise, continue with the troubleshooting procedures in this document.

Connect an external monitor to test the screen

1. The screen might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD screen back light. To test the screen, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. This test is helpful if the screen is black, but you can hear that the computer is operating.
  2. NOTE:
  3. If you do not have an external monitor, it might be possible to see an image by switching to low-resolution mode. To change the resolution, turn on the computer, and then press the f8 key. If the screen is working at the BIOS level, a text screen is displayed and you can select the Enable low-resolution video option. If the screen is not working at the BIOS level, contact an authorized repair center.
  4. Connect an external monitor to the laptop. See HP PCs - Connecting a monitor, projector, or TV (Windows) for instructions.
  5. If the computer screen is not displayed on the external monitor, press f4 or the key with this symbol until the screen image is displayed.
  6. If an image is displayed on the external monitor, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook LCD screen. With the external monitor connected, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads. Download and install the latest graphics and chipset drivers for your specific computer. If an updated BIOS version is available, see HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) (Windows) or HP Business Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) to update the BIOS.
  7. If the screen is still black after updating the chipset and graphics drivers and BIOS, continue to the next procedure.
  8. If an image is not displayed on the external monitor, the LCD screen might be defective. Contact HP for technical assistance or send the notebook for service.

Click here for the remaining steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.