Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Core i5 9th gen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While taking glass from mom's hand some drops of lemon water{less than half a tea spoon} spilled between  Keys / * 8 9. Soon I wioed with cotton and sucked as possible by mouth.  everythings seems to be alright, the backlight, keys and so the laptop. can that may cause any harm to laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'll try this one more time.

Go to the HP Support Assistant and run it. Find the Product number of your laptop and post it here.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Amith132 

The keyboard itself is a sealed unit. I doubt any water seeped into the laptop itself.

If you spill a lot of water, you could be in trouble if it goes around the edges and gets into the actual body. If this happens and the laptop is off, don't turn it on. The water must be dried out completely before any electricity flows or it will short circuit the board.

Sounds like you are OK though.

HP Recommended

But the laptop seem to work fine. Actually it was less than half a tea spoon lemon water. I wiped majority of it by cotton. And I sucked it by mouth as possible. I still have fear

HP Recommended

Yes, read my reply above again. 😉

HP Recommended

how long will it take to short cicuit

HP Recommended

You are completely misunderstanding my post.

I said you should be OK considering YOU said it was less than a teaspoon and didn't go into the edge of the keyboard.

HP Recommended

the water was actually less than a tea spoon and soon I wiped it with cotton. but I am saying what if it has gone? in that case how can I find it out.

HP Recommended

The keyboard is sealed. The small amount wouldn't have seeped into the inside of the laptop.

If you wanted to tear it apart and look, that's up to you. But you didn't say what the product number is, so I don't know what manual to give you for the instructions.

Its located in the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

its HP omen core i5 9th gen

HP Recommended

I'll try this one more time.

Go to the HP Support Assistant and run it. Find the Product number of your laptop and post it here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.