Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U8AV)

my laptops temp remains around 55c-65c when it's not charging but when I connect it with charger it gets up to 85c-95c in just about 3-4 seconds. And if again I remove the charger, it goes back to 55c-65c in 3-4 seconds.so what's the issue here and how do I solve it. It's a 10month old laptop. Any solution or help will be appreciated, thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

In English.

Hi Anubhav-Anand.

I am having a very similar problem with my laptop, I have the HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001la model and it is presenting spikes in temperature, but only in the processor, for example is at 45 ° C and in a second rises to 55 ° C, starts to go down again and again have the peak again, I mean that previously this did not happen.

I want to ask you some questions, the problems in the temperature that you are commenting, happens only in the processor or is affecting the processor and the graphics card?

Are you using MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperature or what application are you using?

I look forward to your response to see if we can find a solution!

In Spanish.

Hola Anubhav-Anand.

Yo estoy teniendo un problema muy similar con mi laptop, tengo el modelo HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001la y esta presentado picos en la temperatura, pero solamente en el procesador, por ejemplo esta en 45°C y en un segundo sube hasta 55°C, empieza a bajar otra vez y vuelve a tener el pico nuevamente, quiero decir que anteriormente esto no sucedía.

Te quiero preguntar algunas cosas, los problemas en la temperatura que estas comentando, sucede solamente en el procesador o esta afectando al procesador y la tarjeta grafica?

Estas usando MSI Afterburner para monitorear la temperatura o que aplicación estas usando?

Quedo atento a tu respuesta para ver si podemos encontrar una solución!

HP Recommended

hello beja10, 

so only my cpu temperature rises here, gpu remains same (around 50c) and i am using in built omen gaming hub to monitor temperature. my problem only arises when charging.

HP Recommended

In English.

The problem with my laptop is the same as you have.

Only the "processor" temperature problem occurs and also only when the laptop is connected to the charger, in my case I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperature. I already performed different tests on the laptop to see if any had a solution, reinstall the operating system, download all NVIDA and AMD updates, download all Windows updates and also download all available updates from HP Support Assistant, however the problem is still present, (it should be said that the problem occurs in both Windows 10 and Windows 11) and as I mentioned before this problem in the temperature began to happen since 2 or 3 weeks ago, since usually the processor temperature was also stable as the graphics card.

I also made a configuration in the Power plan, specifically in the processor power management, lowering it to 99% in both the maximum and minimum state, this helped a lot to normalize the processor temperature, but I have noticed that by doing this the processor is used twice as much as normal and from what I have read it is not recommended to lower the processor to 99% because it can present different problems when performing different tasks on the laptop.

Have you already downloaded all the updates available on your laptop?

In Spanish.

El problema de mi laptop es el mismo que tienes tu.

Solo se presenta el problema de la temperatura en el "procesador" y también solamente cuando la laptop esta conectada al cargador, en mi caso yo estoy usando MSI Afterburner para monitorear la temperatura. Yo ya realice diferentes pruebas en la laptop para ver si alguna tenia solución, reinstale el sistema operativo, descargue todas los actualizaciones de NVIDA y AMD, descargue todas las actualizaciones de Windows y también descargue todas las actualizaciones disponibles de HP Support Assistant, sin embargo el problema se sigue presentando, (cabe decir que el problema se presenta tanto en Windows 10 como en Windows 11) y como ya te mencione antes este problema en la temperatura empezó a suceder desde hace 2 o 3 semanas, ya que usualmente la temperatura del procesador también era estable como la de la tarjeta grafica.

También realice una configuración en el plan de Energía, específicamente en la administración de energía del procesador, bajándolo al 99% tanto en el estado máximo como en el estado mínimo, esto ayudada un mucho a normalizar la temperatura del procesador, pero he notado que al hacer esto el procesador se utiliza el doble de lo normal y por lo que he podido leer no es recomendable bajar el procesador al 99% porque puede presentar diferentes problemas al realizar diferentes tareas en la Laptop.

Tu ya descargaste todas las actualizaciones disponibles en tu laptop?

HP Recommended

yes i have also noticed the sudden increase in temperature recently around a week ago or so. And yes my system is up to date.Is the reason the new windows 11 update or the recently received bios update?i dont know.have you tried going to previous version of windows?

HP Recommended

In English.

I also believe that the main issue could be the most recent Windows update. The only thing I haven't tried yet is uninstalling the latest Windows updates. However, I'm not sure how to uninstall updates in Windows. I will search for instructions on how to uninstall updates right away. Additionally, I would like to know if it is possible for you to send me a video showing the processor temperature while no tasks are running in the background. If you are willing to send the video, you can send it to the following email address:

[Personal Information Removed]

Thank you very much for your response and for keeping me informed about any ongoing problems you may be experiencing!

In Spanish.

Yo también creo que el principal problema que podría ser, es el de la ultima actualización que tuvo Windows y realmente lo único que no he intentado hacer es desinstalar las ultimas actualizaciones de Windows, bueno, también es que desconozco como hacer para desinstalar las actualizaciones en Windows, voy a buscar ahora mismo como desinstalar las actualizaciones, también me gustaria saber si es posible que me envíes un video mostrando la temperatura del procesador sin realizar ninguna tarea en segundo plano, si me quieres enviar el video lo puedes enviar al siguiente correo: [Personal Information Removed]

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta y por mantenerme al tanto a cualquier problema que sigas presentando!

HP Recommended

Hi Anubhav.

I would like to know if you have already solved the temperature issue with the processor. So far, I haven't been able to find any solution to that problem. I tried uninstalling Windows updates, but the issue persists. I also attempted to update the BIOS, but it didn't work either. I'm looking forward to your response.

HP Recommended

Sorry for late reply beja10. Actually my problem got solved.i just reinstalled my windows 11 again(not format but reinstall). I only installed important updates only and now my temperature stays below 95 even while gaming.apparantly before reinstalling windows there was something running in background which would make the processor go crazy when charger is connected, making the temperature go above 90 on normal use but since i couldn't find what was running in background, therefore i had to reinstall windows which solved my problem for now.

HP Recommended

I'm glad you found a solution, Anubhav.

Could you please tell me if the temperature remains stable, meaning it doesn't fluctuate while running any program, application, or game? I'm asking if there are no temperature spikes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.