Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to print from Microsoft Word for Mac 2011, under Mac OS X version 10.9.5 and would like to control whether I'm printing in duplex mode or not. 

I can control this if I'm printing from Adobe reader. In this case, the Adobe reader print button brings up the printer dialog box which then has a button on it labeled "printer". Clicking that button then brings up a HP Office Jet print dialog that has a check box for choosing either one or two sided printing. 

Unfortunately, the Microsoft Word print dialog box does not appear to have an option to go to the HP Officejet print dialog box. Is there some other way to acccess the HP Officejet dialog box?

The ugly work around is to go Adobe reader and print in the manner that I would like my word document printed and then go to Word and print using "Last used Settings" from the present option in the Word print dialog box.

Any help woud be appreciated.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm using MS Word 2010 on Windows 7 Ultimate.  From Cont P,  the dialog box comes up with a bunch of options below it.  There is also a drop down box to choose the printer.  Below the printer options and above the menu list there is a link to "printer properties."  The duplex can be changed there, too.  Of course, since I'm not using a Mac, I may not at all be seeing anything like what you see. 

HP Recommended

Thank you chrystinp for your reply.

The Mac operating system equivalent to the control panel in windows, system perferences, provides control of the printers, but unfortunately does provide any options associated with one sided or two sided printing. 

I think this may be a Mac specific limitation when using MS word for Mac. 😞

Anybody else out there have any luck in controlling one sided verses two sided printing on a Mac using MS Word?

HP Recommended

All of a sudden I can only print two sided on my HP Officejet Pro 8600A.  I want to go back to one sided printing, how do I do it.

HP Recommended

Hi @saundy , welcome to the community!

Please check the print settings in the program you are printing from to see if you can change the two-sided printing option, back to one sided.

If this does not work, please respond to me with more information and I will do my best to help.

What is the Operating System of the computer?
Have you tried printing from different programs?
Which programs have you tried printing from?

Also, send a screen shot image if possible so I can also see the print options where you cannot turn off two sided printing.

Happy New Year!:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Mac Yosemite w/Excel 2011 gives no option for single sided print... this is incredibly annoying for business documents such as XL files...

Why is something so simple as dual/single sided print such a problem? 

HP Recommended

Yes, i'm using a Mac, Yosemite OSX, and Microsoft Word and, like others, can't find an option to print only 1-sided.   Scrivener gives me the option, though I have to uncheck a box every time, which is slightly annoying, as 2-sided seems to be default.  But at least there is the option.  Would removing the two-sided component on the back of the printer do the trick I wonder -- though also a hassle as naturally sometimes I prefer to print two-sided.  And I'm somewhat hesitant to remove it, though I suppose it would be a simple thing, assuming the printer still works without it.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2016-03-21 14.04.13.jpg

HP Recommended

Having same problem and not able to change from duplex to 1 side.

HP Recommended

It took me a while to figure out, but on my Mac, after hitting print, the Second drop down menu from the top (under the printer name) is  Presets. You can either click on Show Presets and make changes to the default, or you can change the printing to Two-Sided Off, then under Presets select Save Current Settings as Preset and create a specific preset for one-sided printing. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.