Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520

Having tried to go through all the usual customer service channels to no avail, here I am. I know lots of other people have had this issue as I have read pages of posts from people all with the same problem. The message on the printer asks you to remove and reinstall the cartridge. That didn’t work so it tells you to install a new ink cartridge. But...because I am an Instant Ink customer, I don’t have a new cartridge to install because I have to wait to be sent one. I have tried all the help avenues on the website and the only person I have found to chat to is a computer bot who unsurprisingly isn’t helpful. I have emailed, but had no response and I have trawled this forum and one solution for some people is to perform a hard reset of the printer. This has not worked for me. I have now temporarily (hopefully) suspended my Instant Ink account because I have been paying for months but haven’t been able to print. I have p.m.’d  HP support who asked me to make my problem public rather than just helping me. The customer service part of Instant Ink is shocking! I expect this could have all been solved by HP sending me a new cartridge which is what the printer is asking for. Why are so many people having to spend their time chasing HP for help? Please just provide a system where people can contact you and you can solve their problems quickly. That would be good customer service and good business. It’s not rocket science.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.