Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
-
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

There is supposed to be a little tab hanging off the bottom of the remote display window toolbar with an up arrow on it.  Clicking on it scrolls the toolbar up and out of the way while the tab remains visible.  Since upgrading to Windows 10, this little tab is simply missing about 95% of the time and I lose access to the top inch or so of my desktop.  What is the fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What version of RGS are you using on your sender and receiver? 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Looks like version 7.3 on both ends.

But I discovered something new since my original post.  My company recently forced an upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  I have noticed that the version of Windows installed on my computer is 32 bit.  But I have available only a 64 bit version of rgs.  Not sure if Windows can figure out the difference in this case.

But the tab comes and goes willy-nilly...both before and after the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

RGS 7.3.3 Windows is 32 bit.  We have not released a 64 bit version of RGS for Windows, however, it is coming.  Need to know a little more about your setup so I will send you an email.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Funny thing...where I download rgs in our company, it shows 64bit in parentheses.   Guess that's wrong...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.