Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Non-HP Hardware, Purchased RGS License
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My workstation was just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to get display resolution matching working.

Anyone able to offer advice on where to start looking in order to get this working?

My sender machine has a pair of displays, resolutions 1600 x 1200 & 1280 x 1024 (neither are 16:9).  Adapter is nvidia Quadro K4000.

My reciever machine has a pair of displays, resolutions both 2048x1152 (16:9).  Adapter is Intel HD Graphics.

This used to work with minimal issues under a Windows 7 sender (receiver has been Windows 10 for some time) as I think I was able to enter custom resolutions on the sender.

Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with Windows 10, or maybe the new display settings dialog is not as functional as it once was.

If anyone has had experience with similar issues, please let me know.  I'm running out of things to try.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The monitors on the Receiver machine have a higher resolution than what is capable on your sender machine, and you are most likely getting an error message that RGS cannot match the resolution and/or layout depending on what you have selected.  Using RGS, both sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested.  What versions of RGS are you using on both your sender and receiver? 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.