Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
WS460c G9
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We recently upgraded from the G6 Blade Workstation to the G9 version.  At the time of purchase there was no compatiable Nvidia graphic card with the Xeon g4 processor we chose.  Therefore we chose the AMD Firepro S7100X graphic card.

So far we have been disappointed with the results as they weren't as good as our older G6 server with Nvidia graphic card. 

Is there any recommend settings to optimized performance with AMD graphics cards?  Is there any improvements with the upcomming RGS 7.4?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Could you please describe what you are experience as far as performance with your AMD card and RGS?  There are settings that you could try within RGS to help improve performance.  RGS 7.4 should be out next week, most of the focus as far as graphics was based around NVIDIA (resolution and layout matching).   Since you have a WS460 G9, most likely you are running headless.  What version of RGS are you using on both your sender and receiver?  What OS are you running on your sender and receiver?  I am attaching the RGS 7.3.3 User Guide.  Please review the Performance Optimization section starting at Page 8.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

We are running Windows 7 x64 as well as RGS 7.3.3  both on the blade and laptop. As you mentioned the Server is in the data center running "headless"

When I run the RGS SenderConfigApp in the diagnostics page it says GPU display model is not supported.  However based on the README text I was under the impression that it was somewhat supported.  Can you clarify if an AMD graphic card can be used for the Prefered Display method (page 59)?

The problems is a sporatic lag with refreshing the screenthat we never experienced on our G6 blades. Unfortunately nothing in the Optimzation section helps with this issue

In addition, when scripting a custom application based on the VTK toolkit that opens many windows, it seems like the RGS Mirror fails to allocate the necessary resources.    Athough I'm not sure if this is a VTK or RGS issue.

Finally can you clarify what OpenGL version the RGS changelist driver supports?

HP Recommended

Per my email to you, attached is the RGSbugreport instrucitions for the tool that is packaged with RGS.

Thank you.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.