Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Great, thanks Kelly.

HP Recommended

So we got an xorg.conf file to work using an EDID file.  It is setup for a dual screen receiver to a headless sender. The EDID file is from HPz24s monitors.  I noticed you are not using one in your xorg.conf.  I do have another EDID file from a Z27s which is 4k resolution.  Let me know if that interests you or not.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly,

Ah fab, that is great news. Yes that is correct, for a dual monitor it is setup as per the hp rgs guide below. For a single screen setup, I would use an EDID file.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04883824

Capture.PNG

Yeah I am up for trying out whatever xorg.conf or EDID file you have!

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, we have a working EDID file and xorg.conf file.  I need to upload it to an ftp as the attachments are not going through, and my reply won't post with them.  Will reach out in a private email with the ftp info.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm facing same issue,
is there a way to get a copy of the xorg file?
tryin to setup dual-headless-RHEL-7.X with NVIDIA - rgs 7.5

getting black screen with mouse cursor only

when working with single monitor no problem

Asaf.

HP Recommended

Does your headless system have the capability of having a monitor attached to it?  If so, the best thing to do is to use the NVIDIA control panel and create an EDID file.  See page 38 of the user guide I have provided.  If this is not possible, I would need more details of what you setup is and the resolution(s) required, and how many monitors on ther receiver side, what make and model of the monitors to help.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.