Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have had a lot of problems the last 6 month.....I have been eager to upgrade as soon HP have realesed an new version, but that was a mistake....

But all problems are gone now when we install RGS 7.7 on sender machine.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Did you see performance issues with Remote Boost 20.3.1?

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

yes....had spent a lot of time on error searching with some clients. Didnt go so far as downgrade to 7.7 at that time, but now when we do that, everyone gets better experience. (but they can still use version 2x.xx at reciever side...)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  We'll give this a go as well

HP Recommended

Can you provide me with what you are doing when you see the performance issue.  I am investigating the issues that I am seeing on the forum as much as I can to see if we have a performance issue in 20.3.1 and V22.0.  

Sender: OS build and version

Receiver: OS build and version

What is your latency? Ping the sender from the receiver, what are the ping times?

HP Velocity enabled?

Any other settings you have changed?

Steps to reproduce what you are seeing:

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Is there a download available for this build?

HP Recommended

I can provide the build for you, however, I would recommend trying Remote Boost V20.4 or V22.1 (V22.1 will expire on 1/1/23, you will get a message when you install it).  There is a receiver side fix for a performance issue that was found with the default HP3 codec.  Should be out in a couple of days on HP Software Depot.  Remote Boost V22.1 is currently out on the HP ZCentral Remote Boost website  https://www.hp.com/us-en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html  Click on Latest Software Version Details to get pointed to a download which defaults to the Windows package.  Otherwise select the sender/receiver OS package you need.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, we are still seeing lag when using 22.1. Our sender is Centos 7.9 and receiver is Ubuntu 20.4. We also see the same lag when using Centos 7.9 or 8 as the receiver system.

However, we do not see the lag when using a Windows 10 receiver. Is there a reason why there is such difference in performance between these operating systems?

HP Recommended

I need to gather more info on your setup.  Will reach out in PM as soon as it is enabled.  Make sure you do not have Advanced Video Compression enabled when testing V22.1 or V20.4.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The 20.4 on Sender Side will not expire on 1/1/23?

@KellyRGS wrote:

I can provide the build for you, however, I would recommend trying Remote Boost V20.4 or V22.1 (V22.1 will expire on 1/1/23, you will get a message when you install it). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.