07-14-2017 09:52 AM
I have used this printer for several years without any problem. Out of the blue, it gave the error message. Could it need some sort of servicing because it has not really had any!
07-15-2017 03:06 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer displays an incompatible printhead error.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did any changes take place on the printer (like a paper jam, cartridge replacement, etc.)?
Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please continue to perform the steps as described in detail from this HP article. These steps help to fix printhead related issues.
Hope this works out. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂
12-02-2019 11:49 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!