Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I recently had to change my network name and password.  I reset the printer, and it says connected. However whenever I try to print something it tells me my printer is not connected. I never turn the printer off.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bubbieone

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer and it does not connect to the wireless network post you changed the network and password. After you reset the printer, it appears to be connected. But while trying to print, it says the printer is not connected. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do other devices connect fine to the network?
  • Are you entering the correct network password on your printer?

Meanwhile, I did some research and recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Restore the network defaults.
  • On the printer control panel, touch Wireless button (the Wireless button).
  • Touch Graphic - Setup icon (Settings). 
  • In settings please scroll and search for an option to restore network defaults. 

Run the wireless setup wizard:

• On the printer control panel, touch Wireless button (Wireless).

• Touch Graphic - Setup icon (Settings).\

• Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

• Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Reset the printing system in Mac by following the steps as described in detail from this link.

This should make the printer to work. If you want to check the communication between the printer and the computer, please perform the below steps:

• Find the printer's IP address:
  • Touch the Wireless button (Wireless icon) to access the Wireless Summary screen.
  • Make a note of the IP address that appears in the Wireless Summary screen.
  • Open a web browser on your computer and type the printer's IP address into the web address box. For example, type 192.168.1.101.
  • Does the printer's internal web page display in the browser?

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response. I have alreday tried your suggestions, from the printer end, and still nothing. I will, however try the Mac end solution, with the IP address, later, and see if that helps.

For some reason, I took a stab, and tried printing from my tablet, and worked fine, So I know the printer is working. Just no longer connecting to my Mac.

Will try your suggestion.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@bubbieone

You're welcome. 🙂

Sure, let me know. Take care! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.