Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 250 7740 printer wireless connection disabled

HP OfficeJet 250 7740
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I recently bought an HP OfficeJet 250 7740 wide format inkjet printer and we had it all set up, with the wirelss connection working.

However, I have a feeling my 1 year old son fiddled with the buttons and now the wireless is disabled. I have followed several internet setup posts but nothing has worked. In fact, when I press the Wirelss icon button it says "function is disabled, please contact the person who set up the printer" (my husband) then there is no option to access the Wireless Setup Wizard to turn it on again. I definitely have internet connectivity, so I don't know what to do next!

Can anyone help, or direct me to a link that can help?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,427
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Manna73,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding wireless connectivity issues of the printer. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • Did it occur after a software or operating system update?
  • For a start, please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: http://hp.care/2eXmLFT and perform only step 1 for a hard reset.
  •  
  • After than please restore network defaults on the printer from the printer’s user guide http://hp.care/2ttitfl  and refer to page# 141.
  •  
  • Later please perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2eXd3Dp  for HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Mac)

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Step 3: Manually connect the printer to your network (wireless connections only)

Step 4: Reset the print system

For reinstalling the printer then check if the printer can be added to the network by performing these steps:

Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.

2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.

3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.

4.) Click the Add button.

5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.

7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list. 8.) Try to print.

• Also if it still does not work, please follow this guided troubleshooter for wireless issues from this link: http://hp.care/2eX29gV and check if the issue gets resolved

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem -   posted separately and resolved. 

Thank you

Best,  John

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation