Did you mean: 
Jaredpsmom
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Initialization loop after network change

I tried taking the cartridge out of the printer and testing it but this did not fix my printer. It is going through a loop as soon as I try to print from my phone on wireless network it starts the loop again. Please help me fix this problem.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,228
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jaredpsmom,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with your HP printer stuck on initialization loop. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...). What is the Operating system installed on the PC? Is it Windows or Mac

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

How is the printer connected? USB/Wireless/Ethernet

Did you  try to perform a Hard reset on the printer? Make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Is the printer connected to the network? Is the light on the printer?

Did you try to restore the printer to the network defaults?

Could you please respond to this post with the details as this will help me in understanding the issue and provide you with an accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jaredpsmom
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My network hasn't changed but when I searched on the problem I was having this solution came up and our sounds exactly like what is happening to my printer.  This is not a PC issue.  This is a mobile phone printing issue in my case. I have a galaxy note 9 phone with android 8.1.0 and the Google drive and hp print service plugin are both the latest. The printer works fine from the PC, but I print mainly from my mobile phone. I did try reseting the printer but it didn't make a difference. It is on a wireless network. I have a laserjet M1217nfw MFP printer. When I try to print from the Google Drive or the hp Print service plugin as soon add I hit print it starts the bootloop. I have tried turning it off and back on so that the app doesn't wake the printer to see if that made a difference and it doesn't. It just seems like the act of hitting print causes the loop. Please help me fix this problem so I can once again print from my phone.

Thank you

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,071
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jaredpsmom

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Jeet_singh, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Let's start with performing a hard reset on the device to resolve such issues:

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

If the issue persists, please update the printer firmware: Click here

If the above doesn't help, I recommend you use the HP Smart App to print using the Android device: Click here for details.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jaredpsmom
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had already reset the printer but I did it again anyway. It did not fix the printer. I followed the link to the website and downloaded firmware, drivers, etc.  and I still can not print from my phone. I can print fine from PC but not my phone. I even tried the HP smart app and as soon as it starts trying to contact the printer it starts the bootloop.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,228
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jaredpsmom,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

As I understand you are able to print from the computer however having issues printing from phone. 

Just wanted to check are you using an iOS or Android phone. In this scenario, I would suggest here is to update the phone and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall and reinstall HP Smart app and check if that works.

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the printer and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jaredpsmom
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As per my original post I have a galaxy note 9 running android 8.1.0 both the phone and the smart app as well as the hp eprint apps are all up to date. Do I need both apps? Could they be interfering with each other? The printer again is an hp laserjet M1217NFW MFP. 

Thank you, 

Jaredpsmom

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 564 612
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jaredpsmom,

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

HP ePrint app has been discontinued.

I suggest you Use HP Smart for mobile devices to print, copy, scan, troubleshoot printer issues, and set up a printer on a wireless network.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 for HP Smart App

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Jaredpsmom
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I don't need the HP print service plug in either? 

Thank you, 

Jaredpsmom

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 564 612
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jaredpsmom,

You got it 🙂

You can just use HP Smart App.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation