Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Netgear router which functions just fine until my C309 logs on wirelessly.  Then internet access to all devices within my house stops.  If I turn the printer off and reboot my router, all returns to normal??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did all three and the problem has been resolved.  Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi cobi3654,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

May you provide us with some more details regarding your network.

What is the model of your Netgear including Rev if applicable? What channel is it set on? What encryption is used (none, WEP, WPA)?

Who is your internet service provider? What type of connection - cable modem, DSL?

Do you have any internet security or firewall software on your system such as Norton, McAfee, BitDefender, etc.?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Not being a computer person I'm not sure I can answer all your questions: 

What is the model of your Netgear including Rev if applicable? What channel is it set on? What encryption is used (none, WEP, WPA)?

I have a Netgear N900 wireless dual band gigabit router  WNDR4500  (writine on the box)

I have no idea what channel its on or what encryption.

Who is your internet service provider? What type of connection - cable modem, DSL?

Comcast on cable

Do you have any internet security or firewall software on your system such as Norton, McAfee, BitDefender, etc.?

The router has a password and each device has a password.  A couple of computer use a Norton packaged program and a couple use Windows Security Essentials.

Hope that helps - Sorry for the delay, Ive been away.

HP Recommended
Try changing the channel of the router:
1. From a computer connected to the router, open a web browser and type www.routerlogin.net and press enter.
2. Type admin for the username and password for the password.
3. Click on the Wireless section.
4. Change the channel to channel 11 or a channel that is less congested.
5. Click Apply to save the settings.

Another option is to change the encryption to WPA2 in the Security Options settings. You can keep the same password or change it if you want. Note the new password if you do change it for reconnecting your network devices.

Last but not least, upgrade the firmware on you router in the Advanced>Administration>Router Update section.
HP Recommended

I did all three and the problem has been resolved.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Awesome, glad to see it works for you. :manhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.