Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I just bought an HP Deskjet 3636 and set it up to connect to my network. I downloaded the software as intructed and followed the setup guide. When it came to the "Network Setup" step, I added the Wirelss password of my router and choose the option "to connect and store the settings on the device"  and selected next. It was verifying the newtrok when all the icons and leds started blinking and the setup timed-out. The printer is not detected by the laptop anymore. When i restart the printer it opens as per normal but after a few seconds it does the blinking of all the icons and leds again. I checked my router and the it looks like the HP device is registrered/added on the DHCP clients but i cant see the printer on the network. Can I just hard reset the printer to wipe out any unfinsihed prosess?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press and hold both the wireless and the cancel buttons on the printer for three seconds to restore the network defaults, then restart the printer and check for any differemnce.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your reply but I have tried this several times already. The Wireless signal bar appears one by one, when I restart the printer it continues to do the same (Wireless signal bar appears one by one). 

I have also tried to connect using WPS. I manually accessed my router admin console to input the PIN from the printer. It was connecting but got dsirptued when the same thing happened  - all icons and led blinked.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Just to close this issue, it appears that the problem is related to my Ubee Router. This was confirmed by my Broadband provider so they will replace it with another brand. I have yet to get the router but it will most likely resolve the issue. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.