1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Web JetAdmin Reports showing 0 totals for Job Types

HP Web Jetadmin
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all -

I am the desktop support tech for a medium-sized company. I am trying to set up Web Jetadmin to generate a report monthly to show printer usage. When I run the report "Device Utilization - Time Interval (Job Type)" I get zeros for all job type totals on all printers (12 MFPs). All of the zeros have an asterisk next to them, which corresponds to the small print at the bottom of the screen that says "* Collected data is not complete for the selected time period." No documentation that I can find exists for this "error."

When logged in to any device through the EWS, it shows totals in the 100's for the last month.

I am wondering, are the job type totals are coming from the date I installed Jetadmin (yesterday, 7/12/17)? I would think the software would pull historical data from the EWS and would show actual totals from the last month but it doesn't appear to be doing that.

Maybe there is an issue with communication over our network. We disable Windows firewall and instead use Symantec Endpoint. Could that be an issue?

I wish HP would put together some further documentation on this. Definitely seems to be lacking

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Level 3 WinnyM
Level 3
47 47 3 4
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Wile_E,

Here is a white paper for Creating reports and Data collection which has all the information related to data collection.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01840728

WJA will collect the data from the device based on the device polling interval and stores the data in the Database.

When you generate a report it will run a query on the database and the report will be generated. If the report shows a symbol '*' then the colected data is not complete. You can check the status of the Last Collected status. Additionally, you can also click on Collect Now, which will force WJA to collect the data from the device. If the collection is succeeded then you can be sure that the printer is responding to WJA query.

Hope this helps!

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Adamr124
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. collect now does force HP wo collect the data and gives a 3.PNGcollection successful status. however, the reports are still way off. I am getting page counts in single figures.

0 Kudos
Level 10
2,752 2,741 247 516
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are looking for accounting ability then WJA is not really the product you want to use. HP has a product called Access Control that allows for full monthly reporting as well as other control functions. WJA should be pulling the data from the printer to match your query. Something you might want to check is to ensure that you have an admin password programmed into your MFP's and that you have those credentials programmed into WJA.
If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Adamr124
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler

We work in a secured environment and every pronter has an admin password set. HP wja is giving correct status of supplies and have no issues with alerts. The inly issues is with the reports.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation