Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 MFP m276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Problem: I keep getting a 50.7 Fuser Error. In addition I get a rear paper jam error.

What I have tried: I have turned the printer on and off. I have unplugged the printer from the surge protector, let it sit for nearly an hour and then plugged the cord directly into the wall socket. Then I plugged in the cord to the back of the printer.

Result: I keep getting the error message. The printer seems ok for about five minutes then the 50.7 message shows back up.

Note: The toner cartridge is showing low with about 150 pages left. The rest of the inks are in good supply. Printer is connected wirelessly.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your fuser has gone bad. If under warranty contact hp customer care. If out of warranty it may be too expensive to repair.

HP Recommended

I have been told my fuser has gone bad in my LaserJet Pro 200 MFP M276nw and that it might be too expensive too repair. I would like to get an estimate on the cost to repair it. But in the HP website forrest I can't find who might be appropriate to contact for an estimate.

HP Recommended

You will have to contact an hp support provider in your area. Just do a google search. From my research the cost of the part runs from 50-100 dollars and looking at the manual the place will probably charge anywhere from 100-150 labor. So my estimate is anywhere from 150-250 for the repair. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

If this might help you can try and repair the fuser unit.Inside the fuser unit is thermisters that tend to get toner burnt onto the readingpart.If you can clean the toner from them the error should be gone.

Or you should try and get the machine to a repair centre for then to clean it out.

Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

to Copier-Pro any additional insight on cleaning the fuser would be helpful, maybe you have a picture of the thermisters?

is there a way to PM on this system?

HP Recommended

I will try and help.You will have to remove some covers to get to the fuser unit assembly.I will add some pictures of the parts in question.With patience its not that complicated to take apart and clean.Maybe try and get the service manual that will help you a great deal.Hope this will help.

IMG_20171225_082626.jpgIMG_20171225_082635.jpg

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.