Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P2035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Help me please with my problem.
I tried to setup drivers on HP LJ P2035 on my computer(win 10 x64) and have an error: Driver setup not successful.:robotsurprised::robotsurprised: Only one driver what successfully setup - HP Class Driver(it doesn't work correctly:robotsad:).
Maybe somebody know how to fix it?
Don't need to give a fast answer - I am tried to delete all HP drivers and then setup new, to download the latest drivers from HP.com, to clear my registry and OS, to delete all HP printers and setup this one, to choose the method of setup from disk and select drivers on my PC...:robotfrustrated:
This printer are worked correctly if i setup him on another computer and share to local network, but didn't work if i setup him on my PC.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

You may try using HP Universal Printer PCL6 using Add Printers options as well. Depending upon the cable which you have connected, you may select the port and complete the installation.

Device and Printers >> Add Local Printer >> Using exisiting Port >> Select Port >> Select HP >> Scroll and Select HP UPD PCL6 Version  and complete the installation.

Hope this works for you.

Also, with latest OS there is some limitation for old hardware.

HP Recommended

kalyani_14, Yes - my printer connected to PC via USB cable. I tried to setup drivers what you propose.

When i choose the Install from the disk or the selected place with files on PC:robotmad:

Install from disk.png

When i launch Setup.exe file:robotmad:

Install via SETUP.png

Dear Sayed_S, port no matters how configure local settings. On PC are installing driver only when i refresh "plug-and-play" service and windows setup HP Class Driver automaticaly. Another printers what i try to setup is correctly works.:robotfrustrated:

One more thing: i also can't switch drivers to another one from the HP Class Driver in Printer Properties\Advansed\Driver:robotsad::robotsad:

HP Recommended

the network and usb url did not open!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.