Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Color LaserJet MFP M281cdw in May, and I've made numerous double-sided copies automatically using the document feeder.  I apparently had an overachieving printer, because I am told it is not able to do this. I was making double-sided copies last night and I accidentally hit a button that brought up Microsoft fax and scan and now it will no longer make double-sided copies automatically.  I am being told this is impossible yet I've been doing it, I have a set of documents right here one with stables one without that are double sided duplicates. Yet my printer is supposedly not able to do this at all yet it was for a bit over a month. Short of calling me an idiot or telling me I'm delusional chat support has been useless. Does anyone have any helpful input? I know that the printer was doing double-sided printing not that I can prove this to anyone.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just to clarify, are you talking about printing a document from your computer two sided or copying a document from the Automatic document feeder two sided? This printer has duplex capability for printing, specs are unclear about duplex copying. However, the Microsoft Scan and Fax would have no affect on copy functions as these are built into the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Copying a document from the Automatic document feeder two-sided, I had no problem putting documents in the feeder and it spitting out double-sided copies of double-sided pages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.