Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi

We moved from Windows to Mac. We still cannot print duplex, but we could before with Windows (wireless). Regular printing works fine.

Productname: HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w

Operatingsystem: OS X 10.15.4

I have print screen, but can't seem to find an option to post them.

The driver software (latest) was installed on the Mac:

• HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dmg from 9 oktober 2019 was installed
  • After installation there was no pop-up screen or anything. Just 'done'.  Cannot find the program (driver) in the launchpad or programs folder.
  • It still doesn't work and there are no extra options available.
  • Right now, because of the useless driver install, I want to remove it (almost 1GB driver) from my Mac. However, I have no clue how to remove it... cannot find anything in libary/printers or HP folder in library... this is just one big mess...

We have multiple HP printers, another new one (OfficeJet Pro 8725) also had an issue which could not be solved after all.. firmware problems (1 year ago). Until today still a problem. I am not able to contact HP by e-mail (by phone is not helpful at all).
    But I would be already glad if the problem above could be solved.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jorch

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jorch

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try uninstalling the HP Software from your computer -

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

a) If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

b) If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.

The Printers folder opens.

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

6. Restart the Mac.

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.

Download and install drivers from-Software and Driver Downloads

Also, refer to How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplex) (Mac)

Could you brief me on the issue with Officejet 8725 so I can help you better

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.