Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Yes if there is legal in tray 3 it always prints legal. Even if I disconnect USB and test print it prints on legal.No error message, Somehow the printer is not seeing there is letter in tray 2

HP Recommended

I think your printer has a network port, the next step I would take is to connect to a network so I could look at printer settings using the EWS, (Embedded Web Server).

You could also print a Configuration Page by pressing the Go Button for 5 seconds and tell me what sizes the Printer thinks are in the Trays, (a picture of the page would be nice).

You can also refer to:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/How-to-set-up-Choose-paper-source-by-pdf-paper-size-...

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

One further thought, your printer is seeing letter in tray 2 or should I say at least seeing paper in tray 2 because when you remove tray three tray 2 works just fine.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.