Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Color LaserJet CP4525 that hangs at 5/6  E/F when booting up. It just statys at that screen. I tried doing a cold reset but it does not go through it just hangs at that screen after selecting cold reset. The printer do not have a hard drive installed. I attached picture of the message. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I understand that the device is not able to boot successfully till READY status and the issue might be with firmware (accessory or formatter firmware). 

Please try to perform following steps one by one and check results after each step (power off and disconnect power cable before perfoming the steps).

As a basic step, disconnect network or computer connections, take a pause and power on device in standalone mode (without network or computer connections).

If error persists, uninstall any add-on devices/accessories installed (additional memory, secure ID reader, network card, Input/output tray/accessory bin) and power on in standalone mode.

If error persists, clean and reseat Formatter PCA, power on device in standalone mode.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended
This is a firmware issue if you have followed the steps by askme and are still having the problem then download new firmware and load it on to the printer.
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3965802&ac.admitted=1389977...
this is the link.
HP Recommended

I tried the following steps the printer is still stuck at that screen. any other ideas? thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

How can i load the new firmware with the printer being stuck at that screen? when i connect the printer to my PC it does not see it because the printer is not botting up? the printer was a network standalone printer before.

HP Recommended

As described earlier, it might be an error caused due to corrupt formatter firmware (accessory firmware in some cases, hence disconnecting accessories was suggested).  You might need to replace the Formatter PCA for this issue.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

The print do not have anything attached to it. Is that what you mean when you say accessories? No extra tray or anything is on it. Just the basic tray that came with the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.