Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M1005MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi you all,

Out of the blue there it was : No Print Cartridge in the display.  I was just copying some paperwork when the printer stops.

I bought a new cartridge, a refurbished one, and it didn't change a bit.

I searched and searched but i didn't find any solutions.

Is there someone that can help me out?

Thanks,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Marco

"No Print Cartridge ", normally shows Up if the Printer is Not able to sense The print cartridge. As you said this is a New Cartridge, you can check if the cartridge is 12A or Not and if its 12A, you can follow the below steps.

1. Power off your Printer.

2. Open Up the Cartridge Door.

3. Pull out the Cartridge.

4. On the left hand side of your Printer , you can see there are 2 contact points (which basically provides contact between the cartridge and  the printer internal points), you can try cleaning these.

5. Once Cleaning is done, you can reseat the Cartridge.

6. Now Press The CANCEL and The RIGHT ARROW button simultaneously( When the printer is powered off)  and try powering up your Product until display Shows" PERMANENT STORAGE INIT"( This will RESET your Printer)

7. When you can see the above message, release the Buttons, Select the LANGUAGE as your preferred one and Press OK and your COUNTRY name.

If your Printer comes to READY, This Issue is Resolved and you can try printing. If the issue still persists the printer needs servicing.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your M1005 MFP.  Hopefully we can get them resolved quickly for you.

There is a youtube video from HP Support with instructions on how to resolve this issue.  Please view it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRU7iOtGKeg

Follow the instructions and report back if it was able to resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Learn how to fix a 'No Printer Cartridge' error on your HP LaserJet M1005 Multifunction Printer. Want to see what cartridges and supplies are available for your printer? Visit http://www.hp.com/supplies/printer. For other helpful videos go to hp.com/SupportVideos or youtube.com/HPPrinterSupport ...
HP Recommended

Hi Marco

"No Print Cartridge ", normally shows Up if the Printer is Not able to sense The print cartridge. As you said this is a New Cartridge, you can check if the cartridge is 12A or Not and if its 12A, you can follow the below steps.

1. Power off your Printer.

2. Open Up the Cartridge Door.

3. Pull out the Cartridge.

4. On the left hand side of your Printer , you can see there are 2 contact points (which basically provides contact between the cartridge and  the printer internal points), you can try cleaning these.

5. Once Cleaning is done, you can reseat the Cartridge.

6. Now Press The CANCEL and The RIGHT ARROW button simultaneously( When the printer is powered off)  and try powering up your Product until display Shows" PERMANENT STORAGE INIT"( This will RESET your Printer)

7. When you can see the above message, release the Buttons, Select the LANGUAGE as your preferred one and Press OK and your COUNTRY name.

If your Printer comes to READY, This Issue is Resolved and you can try printing. If the issue still persists the printer needs servicing.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, that did the job !!!

HP Recommended

Hi Macro 

Its a basic issue regading this Printer 

The solution for this issue would be :

1. Remove the cart  after turning off  and  clean the contact points  on the left side of the cart (Silver color contact points)

2. Inside the cart area of the printer  on the left side there will be a black slot  in which the cart fits , in that only there will be two contact point (U -shaped ) , need to clean that aswell

3. If you are using a genuine cart issue will be solved 

4 .If using a refilled one need to check with a genuine HP cart 

HP  Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.