Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,751 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP MFP M426fdn stack in booting

Product Name: HP LaserJet MFP M426fdn
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My new HP MFP M426fdn stack in booting.

How can a cold reset/factory reset be done?

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP MFP M426fdn stack in booting

Thank technical support!

1.Turn the product off.

2. Turn the product on.

3.When HP logo appear, Press and hold the lower right quadrant (corner) of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed 60-90 sec.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

The problem was with Cyrillic characters in the device configuration.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (1,724 Views)

Thank technical support!

1.Turn the product off.

2. Turn the product on.

3.When HP logo appear, Press and hold the lower right quadrant (corner) of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed 60-90 sec.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

The problem was with Cyrillic characters in the device configuration.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,431 Views)

What do I do if this doesn't work? My machine is 3 weeks old  and it is stuck with the "load paper" prompt on the screen. I have done the holding the screen thing and have gotten all the way through the process but it keeps going back to the "load paper" prompt.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation